This roundtable event is an opportunity to make new connections with peers at other Knoxville companies and discuss strategies for creating collaborative, productive, and healthy teams.
In order to promote lively conversation and idea sharing, this will be an in-person event for a small group of executives and technology leaders. We have reserved a private room at Chesapeake’s West with dinner and drinks provided.
Discussion will be facilitated to explore issues and future needs in a cybersecurity workforce. Organizations continue to face a critical skills gap in cybersecurity at a time when effective cyber defenses are needed most.
Our panel of experts will provide their perspectives on the future of the cybersecurity workforce, including:
- Critical skills and roles needed to close the gap against modern threats
- The role education plays in working with the private sector in developing a capable workforce
- The role technology and automation will play in augmenting the human skill sets to better combat cyber adversaries
- Key changes needed to build a better workforce to meet private and public sector priorities
- The need for generalized cybersecurity skills vs. deep technical skills
- How we can work now to reskill and upskill an existing workforce to help stand in the gap
Discussion Leader: John McNeely | SVP at Avertium
Debbie Gordon | CEO at CloudRange
Joe Gipson | Sr. Mgr Security Research Cisco
Scott Routi | Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at UTK
Jerry Sherrod | Professor, Information Science and Computer Technology at PSCC
Dr. Ambereen Siraj | Director of the Cybersecurity Education, Research, and Outreach Center (CEROC) at Tennessee Tech
Guests may follow social distancing and mask wearing according to their vaccination status and personal comfort level. Chesapeake’s does not require masks to be worn by staff or guests.
This event is open to CISOs and others involved in leading cybersecurity teams. If you have not received an email invitation for this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your eligibility before registering.